1. Choose ONE question from EACH group
2. Use the "rectangle method" to explain how to simplify each expression.
3. Also show how you would use distributive law to simplify each expression.
- Complete both questions in the same sheet of paper.
- Write down the question number clearly.
- Label the diagrams neatly. It should have its 'dimensions/values' clearly indicated at each 'part' of the rectangles.
Take a picture of your work and post it in this Maths blog by today 2359h.
- Subject title: Chap 5 Expansion (Q1a & Q2c)
- Label: Algebra, Expansion
Group 1 Questions
Q1a. (a + 3)(a + 5)
Q1b. (3m + n)(2m + 5n)
Q1c. (5x + 3)^2
Q1d. (a^2 + a + 2)(a + 3)
Group 2 Questions
Q2a. (b + 4)(b - 1)
Q2b. (c + 4d)(c - 2)
Q2c. (b + 4)(h - k)
Q2d. (2a + 3b) (a - 4c)